Monsoons are right here and this is one post to make it bright and cheerful for all those of us who have to venture out, fight the heavy downpour and yet keep it stylish! Let’s jump right into the topic.
- Wear airy outfits in quick-drying fabrics such as malmal, rayon, chiffon, polyester, poly-cotton, lycra, etc.
- Not that I need to mention it, but still, DO NOT wear white. Not only does it turn translucent but mud splotch marks refuse to budge from the color. As a matter of fact, do not wear any light or pastel shades.
- For office-goers, wear polyester leggings with kurtis. They have those in various colors and have been a life-saver for me.
- I would suggest keeping your western formals, as in trousers, aside. Also your denims. You could wear pencil skirts if you HAVE to wear western formals.
- Keep a change of clothes with you, if possible/if necessary.
- For those Sundays or holidays, you could try out these cute colorful shorts and skirts. I couldn’t help but share. These are bound to make the monsoons trendy and cheerful!
- Avoid leather or canvas shoes. They refuse to dry and are a pain during the rains.
- I personally avoid flip-flops as well, ’cause Indian monsoons are muddy most of the times and you don’t want the mud to splatter all over your behind, do you?
- Your feet bear most of the brunt during monsoons. To keep away from fungal infections and to prevent the odour, you can use this Dr. Scholl’s Antifungal Foot Powder from Amazon.in. And to refresh them, try this Peppermint Cooling Footspray from The Body Shop.
- Wear your trusted wellies or jelly shoes in bright colors and not just boring bellies and floaters. Check the following footwear out!
- Polyurethane(PU) bags usually are moderately water-resistant and are available in multiple colors and prints.
- If you’ve got cute knick-knacks and you wanna flaunt those, carry ’em in transparent bags. They look so pretty!
- You could try keeping your stuff in these big Ziploc bags from Amazon.in before tucking them in your handbag for extra protection.
- They even have cute waterproof mobile pouches at Ebay.in. These ones are glow in the dark and you mobiles can be operated from within the pouch!
- Check these chic bags I found online.
- Most watches with water-resistance of 3atm/3bar/30metre are splash resistant so you could wear them in moderate rain and the 5atm/5bar/50metre ones, well you could swim with them on! FIY.
- Metal bands could react on the skin and leather bands could get spoilt so your best bet would be PU or rubber watch bands.
- Check these colorful water-resistant watches I found online!
UMBRELLAS & RAINCOATS:
- With everything else colorful, your umbrellas & rain-jackets could be transparent or white. Remember Sridevi in ChaalBaaz? Well, that was just a suggestion.
- Check out these really cool and colorful 3-fold and J-handle umbrellas at Cheekychunk.com.
HAIR & MAKEUP:
- Go for a top-knot these monsoons and do keep extra scrunchies at hand. Keep it messy or slick and look pretty and chic! Keep a dry-shampoo at hand for those limp-hair days. Get this Bblunt Back to Life dry shampoo at Nykaa.com.
- When it comes to base make-up, go sans foundations. If you have to have some coverage, go for a BB cream instead. My favourite is the Garnier Skin Naturals Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream.
- A well known make-up thing is to use water-resistant mascara and kohl. You could try Maybelline Colossal Waterproof Mascara and Faces Eye Pencil. You could even try L’oreal Paris Super Liner Gel Intenza 36H gel eyeliner.
- When it comes to lip colours, try the matte liquid lipsticks. You could try the Chambor Extreme wear Transferproof Liquid Lipsticks!
- Fragrances are yet another and a beautiful way to lift the drab feel from the incessant rains. It’s a personal choice but they say, that “rain-friendly notes” consist of Top notes that are Bergamot, Mandarin, White florals; the Heart notes being Iris, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Ylang-ylang; and the Bottom notes being Musk, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Amber.
My favourite is Idylle by Guerlain-available at Amazon.in.
- Stay away from art metal jewellery as they might react and give you rashes. Try fun colorful plastic bangles and hairbands instead. This is the right time to flaunt those lace chokers! There are scores of these available all over Amazon.in.
- And finally, apart from your regular make-up wipes, keep tissues handy. Get this box of Tempo soft facial tissues from Amazon.in.
- Keep 2 cotton towel handkerchiefs always in your bag. ALWAYS! You could get this set of 6 from Ebay.in.
Hope you liked this post. It was fun going through the colorful stuff on the shopping sites. I loved it! Hope to hear from you soon! Till then have a bright, colorful and happy monsoon!